Facilities for Innovation, Research, Services and Training in Time and Frequency
Founder members: SYRTE, FEMTO-ST, LPL, UTINAM, GEOAZUR.
Main goals :
- To show visibly the French coordination of the T/F research community, and to ensure the best overlaps and complementarities between the existing coordinations.
- To improve the capacity of T/F teams to propose collaborative research projects in the frame of large existing projects (for instance ACES/PHARAO, metrological fibre network utilization…) or for starting new projects, with high risks but also high potentiality.
- To increase the interactions between laboratories and industry, with the will to improve the transfer of technology and know-how
- To build innovative education and training offers on T/F metrology, with envisaged thematic extensions to high precision measurements and their applications.
- The last but not the least goal of FIRST-TF concerns outreach, and especially the popularizing operations towards schools and general public. Various aspects shall be explored: website dedicated to the popularization of T/F, public conferences, mobile exhibitions for schools, etc…
FIRST-TF key figures :
• Creation in 2011
• 15 associated labs and 15 agency or industry
• Budget: 6.5 M€ over 8 years